- Download this simulation! Only $8 Add to cart
- Subscribe Everything in our catalogue! Schools, libraries, individuals
Meiosis produces haploid cells from diploid cells. Meiosis is a peculiar type of cellular division in which diploid germ line cells give rise to haploid reproductive cells or gametes. Meiosis plays a key role in generating tremendous genetic diversity.
Click on or to play or stop the animation.
Subscribe now to read more about this topic!
- To observe the main features of the meiotic division.
- To understand how meiosis generates haploid cells from diploid cells.
- To understand how and why meiosis plays a key role in generating genetic diversity.