- Download this simulation! Only $8 Add to cart
- Subscribe Everything in our catalogue! Schools, libraries, individuals
This animation focuses on water pollution and its origins ( for both freshwater and salt water).
Although natural phenomena not shown here cause water pollution (volcanism, mineral deposits), it is mostly a result of human activities.
Rivers, lakes and oceans are able to rid themselves of contamination by natural cleansing processes, but only if the pollutants don't exceed specific threshold values.
We have to preserve our drinking water supplies and maintain biodiversity in those ecosystems.
Remember that one third of the world's population do not have safe water to drink.
Rollover the landscape to find labelled areas to click on.
- To illustrate that water and the pollutants are moving.
- To show that human activity is source of pollution.
- To distinguish between point-source and non point-source pollution.