From amniocentesis to karyotype
- Download this simulation! Only $8 Add to cart
- Subscribe Everything in our catalogue! Schools, libraries, individuals
A karyotype is an ordered display of an individual’s chromosomes. A karyotype provides information about the number of chromosomes as well as about abnormalities in the chromosome structure. Amniocentesis is a technique for withdrawing fetal cells from which chromosomes can be extracted.
Click on or drag .
Subscribe now to read more about this topic!
- To understand the principle of amniocentesis.
- To identify the main steps used in the the karyotyping procedure.
- To understand why one might be interested in analysing a karyotype.