Propagation of the action potential
- Download this simulation! Only $8 Add to cart
- Subscribe Everything in our catalogue! Schools, libraries, individuals
This animation presents the ionic and molecular phenomena involved in the unidirectional propagation of an action potential along an amyelenic axon.
Use the controls at upper right to proceed through the presentation.
Subscribe now to read more about this topic!
- To understand the ionic phenomena at the origin of the action potential.
- To understand the way a membrane’s voltage gated ion canals function
- To clarify the notion of an electrochemical gradient
- To clarify the notions of the kinetics of the opening, deactivation and closing of voltage gated ion channels
- To understand why the propagation of an action potential is unidirectional.