This animation presents the molecular mechanisms of muscle contraction.
- To understand the molecular mechanisms involved in muscle contraction.
- To understand muscle contraction at the levels of both the sarcomere and the entire muscle.
- To clarify the principal stages of muscle contraction.
- To clarify the roles of myofilaments of actin and myosin.
- To understand the role of ATP in muscle contraction.
- To understand how changes in the conformation of myosin permits the sliding of myofilaments.
Locomotion is enabled by the contraction of skeletal muscles. A skeletal muscle is made up of bundles, with each bundle made up of a collection of muscle cells called muscle fibers. Each such…
Subscribe now to read more about this topic!