Topic E: Animal Life Cycles
- 3-10.1 Classify a variety of animals, based on observable characteristics; e.g., limbs, teeth, body covering, overall shape, backbone.
- 3-10.2 Observe and describe the growth and development of at least one living animal, as the animal develops from early to more advanced stages.
- 3-10.3 Predict the next stages in the growth and development of at least one animal from each of the following groups: mammals, birds, fish, reptiles, amphibians, insects; and identify similarities and differences in their developmental sequences.
- 3-10.4 Identify the food needs of at least one animal from each of the following groups: mammals, birds, fish, reptiles, amphibians, insects; and describe changes in how each animal obtains food through different stages of its life.
- 3-10.7 Recognize adaptations of a young animal to its environment, and identify changes in its relationship to its environment as it goes through life; e.g., tadpoles are adapted for life in an aquatic environment; adult frogs show adaptations to both terrestrial and aquatic environments.
- 3-10.8 Identify examples of environmental conditions that may threaten animal survival, and identify examples of extinct animals.