eduMedia is going free during the Covid-19 crisis. Click here ⚠
Mechanisms of drug action HTML5
This animation presents the different mechanisms of action of drugs that are at the origin of drug dependence.
Click on the drug whose action is to be observed, then on .
- To understand what a psychotropic drug is.
- To understand at the molecular level the mechanisms of action of the principal psychotropic drugs.
- To locate the molecular targets of the psychotropic drugs.
- To understand the physiological modes of action of these molecular targets.
- To establish a summary picture of the modes of action of drugs.
- To introduce the notions of agonist and antagonist.
A psychotropic drug is a chemical substance that acts at the level of the Central Nervous System by interfering with the synaptic transmission between certain neurons.
The term agonist is used…
Subscribe now to read more about this topic!