eduMedia is going free during the Covid-19 crisis. Click here ⚠
Domestic products used for home maintenance or DIY projects contain active chemicals that may pose risks to human health or the environment.
Dangerous goods are listed in nine categories:
- products presenting hazards to health: Carcinogenic, mutagenic, toxic for reproduction, toxic, harmful, irritant, corrosive
- physically dangerous products: Corrosive, under pressure, oxidizer, flammable, explosive
- products potentially harmful to the environment: pollutant
For information about the risks and precautions, pictograms specific to each hazard must appear on labels of hazardous materials.
Click on a symbol
- To be aware of the risks when handling chemicals.
- To know and understand the symbols associated with each hazard.
The labeling of chemicals follows regulations that aim to harmonize international hazards classification.
New safety signs identify chemical hazards associated with the handling of hazardous…
Subscribe now to read more about this topic!