eduMedia is going free during the Covid-19 crisis. Click here ⚠
Enzyme-catalyzed splitting reaction HTML5
Enzymes are catalysts. They speed up the rate of biochemical reactions. They convert a given substrate to the product of the reaction.
- To understand how an enzyme works
- To understand how a given enzyme can split a given substrate into products
- To understand how a given enzyme can join two given substrates to form one product
- To understand why an enzyme is substrate specific
- To understand how a competitive inhibitor works to slow down the catalytic activity
Biochemical reactions are required for the cell to sustain its metabolic activities. These reactions are sped up by enzymes.
Enzymes are proteins acting as catalysts.
The compound an enzyme…
Subscribe now to read more about this topic!